Saturday, December 11, 2010

1Malaysia?


Salam

On thursday noon, few of the staff in the our department talking excitedly about an UMNO program at Stadium Sultan Abdul Halim. They are talking about all UMNO members were instructed to come down and joint the program as there are thousands of goodies for flood victim that they are also entitled too. A bit surprise because either I am so oblivious about the program or it is specially arranged for those selected group. I can also be consider as one of the flood victims and my neighbours too.

Less that I care about a gas stove or another new mattress as I don't need both. The reason, my gas stove is totally not affected by the floods as there is nothing electronic about it. Just a good wash and it is ready to be use again. Maybe thousands of people in Kedah are previously using electronic kind of gas stove, I have no idea. For me, it can be consider as an obsolete gift. Mattres: maybe cause 2 of my mattress 'perished' with the flood. Still, I don't need it as I think it is better to give to others that are really in need.

I am a bit disturb as when I ask around, many of us don't know about it and I wonder what happen. The next day, the paper tell all about it. The picture tells thousands words. Our beloved PM came down to past the aid to the flood victims and announcing the intensity of the aid at the same time. I wonder where is the state leaders? Where is the MB or his EXCOs. Aren't they are the one that should be there together with Perlis MB, Datuk Johari Baharom, Datuk Seri Mahdzir Khalid and all the UMNO bigwigs?

Aren't they invited to the program for their rakyat or there are two sets of rakyat in federal's point of view? Aren't 1Malaysia slogan is for all Malaysian? Why the discrimination? Is this program only for UMNO members? So why bother using the government money?

With my thought still bothered with the news, the DPM came out with another statement that can be seen as the current government policy about this. He said that development funds is only allocated to Barisan MPs and not others. It is not for Opposition MPs. Once again the discrimination and blatant use of power and no regards about fairness or whatsoever.

Is this the way to treat people as a whole? Are they dealing with kafir Harbi or a communist group or a militant? All the people are the Malaysian citizen too so why the discrimination?

Still wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment