Tuesday, April 19, 2011

LETS TALK ABOUT MONEY

I should not say that I am one of thousands Malaysian out there whom hardly surviving with their monthly pay. With a combine income of around RM10000, I should not complaining as I am living in a decent life up to my standard at least. I can't complaint much about not having enough as enough for me is actually luxurious for many people. I should say that I have the luxury to do and enjoy many things that many people out there could only dream of.

Maybe for many people who know me they can't see what I mean by a luxurious life but once again, luxury is very subjective. I should consider myself as a blessed servant of God as I have a stable income monthly, able to pay zakat, have a wife with her own stable income and many more. Therefore, it is absurd if I am complaining that I don't have enough.

It is pathetic if I say that I don't have enough when my current house mate here only earning a merely just a little more than a thousand per month. I should not complaint as I can go anywhere with a luxury of a car when many people scrambling to get into our pathetic public transport system. I don't have to complaint in the first place. So, why should I complaint then? That is exactly what many people will say.

Yeah, I should complaint for the many people out there who don't have the kind of luxury to earn a peaceful living with whatever income they bring home in our country. I should complaint because I don't think any single soul in our prosperous and wealthy country should suffer with this. I should complaint because despite the many good news about our economy, our people out there suffering like we are in a great economic depression.

I should complaint because despite the so called menial inflation rate, people are suffering with their daily necessities. Everything are not that cheap even though it seems cheap. Everything is going up with great pace except for the snail-like pace of our people's salary increment. Nothing here seems to be stagnant. Every single news of salary increases, bonuses, uprising oil prices will be 'celebrated' with an increase of prices of almost everything from toilet paper to milk powder.

Stagnation of purchasing power is not the correct word when it is actually diminishing. With all the stress of daily life to earn a decent living, we are further pegged back by the stress of how to make ends meet till the end of the month. People are stressed up to find ways to reduce their daily spending when they have left with nothing to be cut anymore. Worst still, the best 'soothing' advice from the government is people should save more and more when people are actually suffering to make any more save.

Too much complaint? Try asking your 'tukang sapu' friends or a factory worker and you will see the reality of how people is actually suffering. Is this fair to the people? Should they just keep quite and just be thankful with the kind of unfair treatment like this? Of course, as a Muslim we must be grateful with whatever we have but at the same time we should strive for a better one. When we talk about a better one means that we should try in whatever ways possible and permitted to have it.

Everyone deserve to live happily and everyone deserve to live peacefully without the unnecessary stress and pressure. So now should we only pray or try to do something with it? Should we start talking about customer power?

No comments:

Post a Comment